Monday 29 December 2014

How to make Gajar Ki Kheer (Gajrella)

Gajar ki kheer is a very creamy and tasty dish. We often make it in winter and have it early in the morning as a breakfast in bed. It has always been said that carrots are very good for both your body and your eyes.

1.5kg Carrots, grated
4 pints Full Milk
1 1/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Rice
2 cup Water
1/4 tsp Ground Green Cardamom
4 tbsp Double Cream
4 tbsp Flaked Almond
1 tsp Kewra Water

1) After washing your rice, put it into a large saucepan with 2 cup's of water and boil for 2 minutes.
2) Add the milk, sugar and the grounded green cardamom into the saucepan over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) Add the grated carrot's and mix thoroughly. Simmer untill the mixture thickens.
4) Add the flaked almond's and 1 tsp kewra. Mix it and then cover it for 2 minutes.
5) Garnish with flaked almond's and silver paper.
6) Serve warm or cold and enjoy.

I decided that starting off my blog with a sweet dish will hopefully start it on a sweet note and a lot of positivity. Since this is my first blog post I find it rude not to introduce myself. As you can tell from my blog name, my name is Tabassam and yes I love to cook. I have a passion in the food industry but only cook for family and friends. In the future I will give you more recipes to learn to cook like me, or more like "how to cook proper Pakistani/Indian food". I think that is enough for now. I will talk to you on my next post.

Tabassam Aziz

No comments:

Post a Comment